Ho ho HO!!!!!!!! We finished our Christmas shopping in an amazing display of worldwide community and love. A million thanks to Shin Joo-ae who spearheaded this all and did the heavy lifting. If you would still like to give a gift to the moms, please support their activist organization with a cash donation. You can Paypal it to TRACK at email@example.com (and please leave a note that it is for the moms). Or send it directly to their account 국민은행 고윤희(한국미혼모가족협회). ACCT #547801-04-053780. (Swift code CZNBKRSE)
Thank you and may all the blessings of the season be yours!
This Holiday season ASK and TRACK are excited to continue our support of the group of unwed Korean mothers raising their children. Miss Mamma Mia is a newly founded organization that is a support network for single moms but more importantly, it’s a group of dedicated mothers working to improve and change the laws that affect single mothers in Korea.
This group was started by single mothers for single mothers, and they have been supporting both ASK and TRACK in our various events and campaigns. Therefore, this holiday season, we would like to return their support them through gift giving! ^.^ We have asked them to compose a brief bio, and a list of things they need that would make their lives easier and more FUN!
Please check the list and donate an item or two if you can! Or gather a group of friends and donate all the items to a whole family! Or gather a group to donate a more expensive item! Below you will be able to find the bios, the items, and the estimated cost of the items on the wish list. If you are interested in participating, in order to prevent duplicate purchases, you can check the updated list of which items have already been purchased and which items still remain here on the TRACK Web site. Once you have picked an item you would like to donate, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the family (child), the number corresponding to the gift and your gift drop-off method. If possible please have the item gift wrapped. You can arrange to give them to Joo Ae directly in Sinchon, but can meet her as well. Or you can drop them off at KoRoot. Or lastly you can order gifts online and have them delivered to KoRoot. When doing this be sure to address it as:
KoRoot뿌리의집: ASK/ TRACK
53-56, Cheongwoon-dong, Jongno-gu
Seoul 110-030, South Korea
All gifts need to be received by December 12th as the mothers and children will be receiving them the following day.
>>>>For those of you who are too busy to shop or who live abroad you can still give a gift! You can buy it online on GMarket at http://www.gmarket.co.kr/index_eng.asp or you if you prefer, you can simply donate money (by bank transfer) and JooAe will purchase the present for you. If this is your preferred method, please let her know by December 9th so she has an ample amount of time to find and buy the gift. For those in Korea great places to find these gifts would be Emart, Lotte Mart, and Toys R Us (Jamsil Station or Guri Gu).
Finally, if you just want to give a donation of money to support Miss Mamma Mia’s activities, you can Paypal it to TRACK at email@example.com (and please leave a note that it is for the moms). (Direct bank account of Miss Mamma Mia is 국민은행 고윤희(한국미혼모가족협회). ACCT #5457801-04-053780. (Swift code CZNBKRSE)
And most importantly if you say you will purchase a gift PLEASE follow through on your commitment as it is very important to the Moms and the kids. Lets try to fulfill the entire wish list and get them these gifts! Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who might be interested as well; there’s no restriction on who can participate. Thank you again for your support of the moms of Miss Mamma Mia!
The Wish List
Min Seo is 14 months old. She would like a
1. a phone that rings that makes lots of noises 25,000won BOUGHT
2. a big toy that also makes lots of noises 25,000 won BOUGHT
3. a mini-car BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my son Chung Won who is American age three years old. I have studied Russian and English. And my son is starting to get interested in learning English these days. He always asks me “what is this (pointing to something) in English?” Sometimes I don’t even know it in Korean! ^^ He loves to read books and play with his friends.
- A portable radio that also has a CD or Tape player. 50,000 won BOUGHT
3. Legos the big kind. 40,000 won BOUGHT
In our family there is my Grandmother who is 89, myself and my daughter Lee Sak who is 26 months old. When I have free time I like to do needlework and go for walks. Behind our house we just got a great place to go or walks. My grandmother is old so she just stays in the house and watches TV. These days we sing Porroro (Korean Penguin animation character) songs together. My daughter’s favorite animal is an alligator and she loves listening to me read books to her. Her favorite book is the books with the character Olivia. This Christmas it would be great if she could get:
- Ugg style pink boots baby size 150-155. 15,000 wonBOUGHT
- Also a play house set that also has a play grocery cart set. If it has a Porroro Theme that would be great. 15,000 BOUGHT
- A doll set that she can wrap the baby on her back like the way Korean mothers do with their babies. They have sets like this. And a baby doll that has no hair (so wearing a hat would be best). 37,000 Won. BOUGHT
Our family is my son Sang Ok who is 3 years old, my daughter Jae Eun who is 16 months, and me. Sang Ok and Jae Eun are loving siblings. Sang Ok is very energetic and playful. He loves to run around and laugh. Jae Eun is very cute.
- Toy cars, sports car style and red is good. 30,000 won BOUGHT
- Doll 15,000BOUGHT
3. Girls clothes: pants, tops, 16 months 30,000 won BOUGHT
- Stroller, preferably one that is easy to also carry 170,000 won BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my son Ho Seung who is 4 years old American age. These days Ho Seung loves the color pink and also he is also very energetic. He enjoys reading books and likes T.V. He really loves meeting the other children in the group and playing with them.
- Clothes: pants, shirts, gloves 4 years old boy 30,000 wonBOUGHT
- Korean and English books – 25,000 won BOUGHT
- Puzzles 15,000 (he can do 100 piece puzzles..amazing!)BOUGHT
- Pororo Computer 60-70,000 won BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my 18 month year old son. Ji Hoo likes cards and Porroro. He also likes looking at pictures of dogs and making and hearing dog sounds. However, meeting a dog in person is still very scary for him. He started walking when he was 9 months old and running around soon after that. I have just come out of the hospital from an injury and am still recovering. I enjoy watching TV and of course being with my son Ji Hoo! ^.^
- Microwave 65,000 won BOUGHT
- Porroro small bike for 18 month old plastic kind. 70,000 Won BOUGHT
- Black or blue down (imitation is okay) jacket size 110 size: 40,000 BOUGHT
Our Family is myself and my new born baby Ja Hoo! He is now 3 months. He has had some health problems that have kept in the hospital but now I hope that he will be able to stay at home with me! My hobbies include learning languages and playing with my son. Ja Hoo is only 3 months old but he is very attentive to the camera and loves to take pictures! He is so cute! ^^
- –English books specifically: http://boribori.namyangi.com/Shopping/Detail_v2.asp?cid=ES091124&oid=ES001&ctype=E&wcid=SCH01&PrstCd=242662&ColorCd=ZZ9 19,500 won BOUGHT
- Baby Ugg Style boots Size large 12.5 cm http://www.boribori.co.kr/Shopping/Detail_v2.asp?wcid=TM01&PrstCd=joy_shoes_178&ColorCd=ZZ9 15,000 won BOUGHT
- Baby dinning ware (bowls) http://www.boribori.co.kr/Shopping/Detail_v2.asp?Category=&PrstCd=41702630&ColorCd=ZZ9 12,000 wonBOUGHT
- Winter Sleeping clothes size http://gen.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=170974062 10,000 BOUGHT
Hello in our family there is me and my daughter Po Keun who was just born 22 weeks ago!
- It would be great to have a new baby set that includes, baby clothes, booties, towels, diapers lotions, sometimes they sell sets that are for new born babies. etc. 40-50,000 BOUGHT
- Also for mom I would like lotion that makes “stronger” skin 20,000 wonBOUGHT
Our family is myself and my daughter Jinsol who is 16 months old. Jinsol loves to watch Porroro and is starting to talk slowly. She loves to give high fives and enjoys clapping when she or others do well!
- A musical snow globe with a Christmas theme, (the type that you turn and a song comes on) 15,000 BOUGHT
- Refrigerator magnets: Korean alphabet, animals, and or the English alphabet 15,000 won BOUGHT
- Stuff animal Giraffe 12,000 won BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my son Jin Hyung who is 3 years old. Before there were times that he would would get angry easily and test my patience but now he has grown up and is a beautiful and loving son. I am very thankful to him. These days he loves to watch Porroro and when the advertisement for the Porroro computer comes on he says Mommy please buy that, I want to do that too!
- Porroro Play Computer 60,000~70,000. BOUGHT
- Boys clothes 110 size 30,000 won BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my 9 year old daughter Ye Rin. She is a very energetic and kind daughter. When she is around the other children in the group she is very patient, plays and helps the other younger children as she is one of the biggest sisters of the group!
1. Eye Clay: Children’s colored clay that you can make different things with. 20,000 BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my son Jun Seo who is 5 years old. We are a happy family together. Jun Seo has a beautiful bright smile and loves to play with friends and run around
- A remote control car 40,000 won BOUGHT
- Winter boots size 170 kids 30,000-40,000 wonBOUGHT
Our family is myself and my daughter Min Jin who is 17 months old. Min Jin loves make the Korean “mong mong” sound and also likes to play with dogs! She is not afraid! She is very active and cute girl who runs around.
- English and Korean picture Books 25,000 BOUGHT
- Stuff animal dog 10,000 won BOUGHT
Our family is myself and my 11 month year old Princess Yea Eun. As you might know in Korea a baby’s first birth is very important. And this is also her first Christmas. I think that it would be very meaningful to receive a present from ASK or TRACK member for her first Christmas present. And it will be even more meaningful for it to be something for her first birthday. I am planning to make her a Time capsule of items that she used when she was a baby so that when she is older and opens it she can look at these items and remember what great warm hearted people gave her things to celebrate her birthday. Thus this Christmas we would like some shoes for her to wear next month on her celebration of her first birthday!
1. Pediped Shoes size 6-12m (white) http://gen.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=171713009&pos_shop_cd=SH&pos_class_cd=111111111&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=%C6%E4%B5%F0%C6%E4%B5%E5+%B3%AA%BF%C0%B9%CC&search_keyword=페디페드%20 38,900 Won BOUGHT